The registration period for the DV 2015 will begin on October 1, 2013 and end on November 2, 2013. No applications will be accepted after this until the next Green Card Lottery.
Applicants will only have one chance to enter their information in the registration site so it is important to know what needs to be included in the application.
Here are the basic questions that will be asked during Green Card Lottery Registration:
- Full name as it appears on the applicant’s passport
- Birthday in international format
- Country and city in which the applicant was born, the country that one is claiming for eligibility in the Green Card Lottery will also be on the form. However, this may be a different country than the one in which the applicant is born.
- Photographs of the applicant and all dependent family members. This includes spouses and children. It is important that one has these photographs ready when one begins the application process. There are strict rules regarding the formatting and form of these photograph files.
- One’s mailing address. In order to make sure that there are as few problems as possible it is a good idea to use a mailing address that won’t change for at least one year.
- Current country of residence
- A valid email address
- Marital status and number of children
- One’s educational level. There are several levels from which to choose between primary school and doctoral program
It is important to note that the applicant must list all of their living children provided that they are under the age of 21 and unmarried. This includes natural children, step-children and legally adopted children.